This works best if you have a large yard or access to a suitable park.
Set up a program for the day and include a range of 10 minute games suitable for the age and number of kids attending – some suggestions:
- football / soccer – create a small field with cones for goals and corner posts.
- volleyball – just mark a line and as long as it crosses the line it still counts
- handball – ” “
- sock wrestling – try and remove your opponents sock/s – hilarious
- relay race – set teams of 3 or 4 to run
- obstacle race – each child runs individually while the onlookers heckle or better still water bomb the runner
- egg rolling – boil some eggs then everyone has to roll the egg over the line … using only their noses.
- find the candy in the leaves
Hand out chocolate gold medals for each event and don’t be afraid to introduce a handicap system so than one child doesn’t win everything.